Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Father Draws

I have wondered on occasion if the LORD had stopped, or at least slowed down, His supernatural conversion of sinners during this time of great apostasy. But I was basing that on my own observations - and certainly, I cannot be everywhere and see all that God is doing in the world.

There were many years in my 35-year walk with the LORD when I would be sharing the Gospel with people and I just knew the Spirit of God would be upon me to speak the Word the LORD would have me to speak to an individual. I know the difference between when I'm just going on my head knowledge versus when the Spirit is giving me the unction to speak the supernatural word of knowledge or word of wisdom or word of prophecy as He stirs up the gifts.

For the last ten years or so I just haven't seen as many open doors to share the Gospel. People just aren't interested in the conversation, and even speaking to people you come across in life is a challenge when their noses are looking down at their smart phones or they tune you out due to the ear-buds bringing in their music to drown you out.

When I do have the opportunity to witness to unbelievers I can tell if the LORD is drawing them or not just by how I am able to respond to their questions. If they are not open to the Truth, it just turns into an argument -- and I get no heavenly assistance. If the LORD is working in their lives, God seems to just breathe life into the conversation and brings an expression of wonder to the awestruck individual. It's really a miracle to behold.

I wonder if any of you have experienced this yourself. 

Well, on my third visit to the state prison this past week to teach and share the Word of God with the female inmates, I again saw the Spirit of God working on one of the women who came because she had once committed her life to Jesus and wants to reconnect with Him but her doubts about certain doctrines was putting up a roadblock to her fully giving herself to the LORD. She just couldn't accept the idea of the Trinity since it just didn't make sense to her. 

The Holy Spirit gave me verse after verse to help her in understanding the truth of the Triune God - even to my own amazement. There was no hesitation or straining to think on my part -- the LORD quickened His Word to me to give to her -- and once again I saw the expression on her countenance change as I was sharing. 

I know now is the time to go to the highways and byways as the invited guests seem to be more and more comfortable in their pursuit of worldly riches and success. I know that if you get out there, God will lead you to those He is drawing. He will show us how to sow and water the seed so that His table will be filled with guests.

Selah!!

"Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God." - 2 Cor 5:18-20

“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44

"Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains, that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one." - Col 4:2-6


No comments:

Post a Comment