Sunday, August 16, 2015

Tears of Joy

A facebook friend recently noted that she has felt rather emotional recently and thought there might be a spiritual explanation for it. I have noticed something in myself of late that I haven't experienced so consistently since I first got saved 34 years ago. For the first year or two as a new believer, reading the Bible with Spirit-led understanding for the first time, I could hardly read the words in the good book through my tears. Every new revelation the Bible would reveal would create a sense of awe and wonder in me that would cause me to weep.

To a lesser extent lately I've been brought to tears coming upon certain passages in my Scripture reading. Not every day the way it was three decades ago, but with a lot more frequency than usual. The verses that really stand out and get me emotional are Jesus' promises to us, as well as verses that speak of His glory. Could it be that as we're nearing His return, the Holy Spirit is preparing our hearts for that great event?

Although I've been looking at the signs of the times and seeing how close His coming is for a long, long, time, the excitement about it is being renewed in me, and as I have observed, with many of my fb friends as well. 

Believers I know who have drifted away are coming back with zeal and others I know are losing faith and drifting away. It would seem that there is a separation of the sheep and the goats going on as the Great Apostasy becomes tangible and at the same time the birth pangs are making others take notice and get more serious about their faith. Many are choosing this day whom they will serve, one way or the other.

Could we be nearing the final call?

"The LORD is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us."
-- Ps 103:8-12


“He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still. And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work." - Rev 22:11-12

"Jesus wept." - John 11:35


No comments:

Post a Comment