Sunday, November 3, 2013

"Fall on Your Knees"


Have any of you noticed that the Christmas season has already begun as the stores remove Halloween candy and replace it with candy canes and stockings stuffed with goodies? They just can't wait to cash in on our culture's obsession with the holidays.

I myself do not hold one day above another. I'm very non-traditional when it comes to the 'church calendar.' Some Christians follow it religiously - but for most born-again believers, we don't take it too seriously but having the days off work are a nice benefit.

There is one Christmas carol I do particularly like - and I've posted it below. The line in the song that says, "Fall on your knees" gives me chills every time I hear it. It brings up a vision to my mind of the day when every knee shall bow - the entire world.

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." - Rom 14:11


Many will bow their knee right before they are cast into outer darkness. Those who curse God and His Son now will regret it eternally. They will fare no better than the false god Dagon did when that statue was forced to fall prostrate before the Ark of God.

"And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again. And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him." - 1 Sam 5:3-4

We are seeing today such blasphemy and cursing against God and His people in the world like never before - this post-Christian society not only denies He exists, but ridicules the very idea of a God. We who are not ashamed of Him before men are being marginalized and belittled in every sitcom, comedy program, and HBO special.

But, their day is coming soon - ALL will bow - every knee!

Do not delay, Oh my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment