Sunday, March 13, 2016

Walking on Water

As we watch the birth pangs count down to the soon return of our First Love, the condition of the world around us can bring us down. I hope you take the time to tune it all out - at least one day a week, choose a day, any day - and rest in Jesus. Our souls can get so heavy and only the LORD can give us the peace that the world does not know.

Jesus told us that He overcame the world. And we are to follow His example. How can we overcome the world and the 'ruler of this world' who tries to bog us down with the 'cares of this world' to make us unproductive and useless for God?

We overcome "by the blood of the Lamb" and by the word of our testimony. We must never be ashamed of whose we are in Christ and keep Him the focus. Remember, Peter could walk on water as long as he kept his eyes fixed upon Him - but as soon as he looked at the storm, he began to sink. 

Do you find yourself emulating Peter and crying out from time to time: 'LORD, save me'!? 

Jesus wasn't kidding when He told us we would have tribulation in this world -- we sure do. And people are grabbing onto any hope they can see -- which is why many are latching onto their favorite political candidate as if winning the election would be the answer to their tumultuous lives.

After we refill our souls with Jesus, don't forget to spread Him around to those who have no hope in this world. This is not the time for 'every man for himself.' Spread the excitement. The world needs what we have.

Keep your eyes on the Prize!

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe. I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here." - John 14:27-31

“In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God. I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father. ...Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” - John 16:26-28, 32-33

“But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.” - Luke 22:32

No comments:

Post a Comment